Tuesday, February 16, 2010

she is everything to us


i wanted to wrap this blog up with a final post of our sweet girl. she is so precious to us, it is hard to describe. as we get await LOA to adopt abigail (http://www.mistyming.blogspot.com/) and are ready to travel to rwanda to serve orphans there, (http://www.nowthatihaveseeniamresponsible.blogspot.com/) orphans have been on my heart and mind even more than usual. i told ben this morning, "can you even imagine phoebe still being an orphan and living in an orphanage?" i truly cannot fathom this little girl not being with us. and to think we almost told our agency 'no' because we wanted a younger child.

here is the final picture to this blog -- in all her glory :) -- on her way to her first princess tea party. she is indeed a princess. a princess of the King.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for posting again! I loved reading about her and had been wondering how she was doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a precious little angel Jan! Seems like she's been with you guys forever. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phoebe is beautiful! Love the happy look on her face. Nice ending to this blog. You probably don't remember me, but last summer I reached out to you for advice on adopting an older child. You were so amazing, gracious, even gave me your phone # but I never called. We had a delay in moving forward and I got shy about calling. ;0) Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your generous spirit and let you know that we were able to move forward again at year end and are currently in process to bring home our 7 yr old daughter from Taiwan. Thank you! Wishing you all the best, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I'm glad I came back one more time. I've checked off and on, but never found more, and always wondered how Phoebe was doing. She's beautiful! You had a rough road getting her, but oh my, how worth every moment. I've started checking out MistyMing's blog. Incredible! Blessings on you and ALL of your children. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete