Wednesday, January 14, 2009

fervent prayer warriors needed now

i am going to be brief in my remarks on purpose. the baby i talked about earlier in the week who was hospitalized (actually we aren't sure she ever was) ...the family is on their way right now to the orphanage for the first time (it is almost 2 pm weds. here, so middle of the night in the US). the baby is VERY ill. she weighs 8 1/2 lbs. and is one year old. all the families insisted that they be allowed to see her NOW. the orphanage has finally agreed. the family is trying to prepare themselves for what she will look like. they are hopeful they will feel they can take her, and that the orphanage will allow it, to a western clinic here in HCMC.

after all we have been through with this adoption, this is heartbreaking beyond words. the parents have been so gracious in being excited for the rest of the families. if you are reading this first thing weds. morning, i beg you to get on your knees in front of God Almighty and pray for His presence with their decision.

i'll update soon as we have news.

p.s. the phoebster is already starting to test what boundaries she can get away with! it didn't take her long to get comfortable enough to be a little poop :)

15 comments:

  1. You ALL are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray right now that God's will will be done in this situation. We love you and look forward to seeing you next week. Love, Amy and the fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting down my computer and getting on my knees...may the God of ALL comfort, ALL peace and ALL wisdom - meet their every need RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for this family. My heart feels for them. I'm Pete's sister and we adopted 2 babies last April from VN. I'm so excited about Phoebe!!! She is absolutely adorable!!! I hope we can meet when you come home. Love and prayers, Paula Davis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for the other family, their daughter and your "little poop"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying now for this family Jan and still praying for you, Thomas, Phoebe and Martha. I hope you are enjoying your time there and getting to know Phoebe. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for this family. I informed my family and friends to start praying.

    Also praying for you Jan that God would give you the wisdom and strength with Phoebe and knowing how to deal with maybe disobedience and grace.

    I love you and can't wait to see you guys.
    love, suz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan, this is Debi. I spoke to the doc and he said to go ahead with the meds you have with you, as directed. Call or email me with any questions. I can get from Greg's email. Luv you and in constant prayer for you and all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again:) I'll pray for this family. I can not imagine the hurt they are feeling. We do not realize how blessed we are until we hear news like this.

    I hate to say it but I'm glad Phoebe is being a "little poop". That means she's happy...and why wouldn't she be!!!???!!!! Take care and I'm looking forward to more posts!:) Love ya
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm praying right now!!! Oh, how my heart breaks for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are in our prayers! We are so happy for you! Can't wait to meet Phoebe!
    Love,
    Mary & Molley
    (Your gymnastics pals)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Jan! This is Kim. I read all the entries you wrote. I am so excited to see you and Phoebe. She's so cute and she'll be fine. Don't worry. How is my country? Do you have fun there? I miss you and I really want to see you with Pheobe. Take care and see you soon! ^__^ Sandy here. It looks like she'll fit right in. Can't wait to see you both! Hurry home. God's blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear about this families struggles. They will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am praying for this little one. May God watch over this little one and keep her safe. I pray that this family has the strength to endure this sad situation. I am praying Jan...I keep praying for all of these little ones that need a mom and dad.
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did not finish reading the p.s. Hey!!! I am not the only one who adopted a little poop. This means she is healthy and smart. She just wants to know if you are giving her back now or not. It happens a lot with older children. Just take her hand and tell her it is forever. I have done the same with Rebecca....she is still sassy at times but only when I am not around...with me she is an absolute angel....school is a different story. It is soooo much fun!!!
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete