Sunday, January 18, 2009

can't thank you enough...

...for all the incredibly helpful comments. every single one was a treasure to me. thank you for helping me each of you. i've read them over and over. and britt, so interesting you said that about missionaries. we just got back from breakfast and i told martha i know now to a tiny small degree how a missionary must feel. i have a new appreciation for what cathy experienced in haiti. i feel bad even thinking this compares at all, but i do have a little taste of the strongest longing of the heart and not being able to have it. i told martha even if my whole family were here, it would be very hard because this is not home. but God's grace is sufficient. period. thank you Lord for understanding my heart and loving me in spite of it. You deserve so much better.

phoebe and i sat at breakfast a little longer and phoebe handed the waitress a tip and a tract. she stood there and read it. i told her it was all true. she smiled and thanked me very much....

so again, thank you so much for getting me through a rough spot. i knew i could count on you guys.

xoxoxo, jan (matthew 11:28)

3 comments:

  1. Jan, How cute is that, already teaching phoebe how to spread the Word....:)I am so glad you are feeling better, we continue to pray for all of you and for a early flight home. We can't wait to see your precious little girl.
    Love,Cathy and Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,

    I've been out of the office for the weekend so I had some catching up to do this morning. I'm thankful everything is going well and I pray you can get an earlier flight home. I can't imagine being away so long, of course, I'm a hermit too. I have enjoyed reading the blog and vieiwing all the pictures. It has all been a blessing and I feel like I know you much better through it. I am going to print the "electrial" system for the guys here at work. They'll appreciate it. As soon as I saw it I told one of them to come look. :) Our system is much "prettier". Thanks for sharing so much and I will continue to pray for you. love ya. -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always glad to know that our tracts have made it to their destination in a foreign country. I know God can use His Word to make an entrance into the hearts of lost souls. I'm so glad to also hear you will be returning early. Carol and I will be there to greet you, Lord willing, along with many from HBC. Our prayers are with you! Mark & Carol

    ReplyDelete